BALPPA is the British Association of Leisure Parks, Piers and Attractions. It was founded in 1936 and is the non profit-making trade association which represents the interests of owners, managers, suppliers and developers in the UK’s commercial leisure parks, piers, zoos and static attractions sector. It speaks for some 300 members, and ultimately for many millions of customers every year.
BALPPA’s principal aims are:
- To represent the needs and concerns of the industry to HM Government departments, policy-makers and influencers
- To promote safe practice throughout the industry
- To promote and defend the interests of the industry
- To provide Members with advice, information and services to encourage best practice within the industry
- To support the sharing of ideas, professionalism and profitability through networking, sector sub group meetings and an online forum
- To act as an authoritative source of information concerning the industry to the media and other opinion formers
The affairs of the Association are administered by the chief executive who reports to the chairman of the management committee. The current chief executive, Colin Dawson, has over 15 years experience in the attractions industry prior to joining BALPPA. He is a past chairman of BALPPA and was a member of the management committee for over 12 years.
For more information please visit www.balppa.org